Core or Periphery? The Credibility of the Austro-Hungarian Currency, 1867-1913
AbstractExamines the effect of the growth standard on the policies and credibility of the Austro-Hungarian Central Bank.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Munich in its series Articles by John Komlos with number 4.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Publication status: published in Journal of European Economic History, 2002, 31(2), 293-320
credibility; Austro-HUngarian Empire; Central Bank policies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael D. Bordo & Christopher M. Meissner, 2007.
"Financial Crises, 1880–1913: The Role of Foreign Currency Debt,"
in: The Decline of Latin American Economies: Growth, Institutions, and Crises, pages 139-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher M Meissner & Michael D Bordo, 2006. "Financial Crises, 1880-1913: The Role of Foreign Currency Debt," WEF Working Papers 0002, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
- Komlos, John & Flandreau, Marc, 2002. "Using ARIMA Forecasts to Explore the Efficiency of the Forward Reichsmark Market," Discussion Papers in Economics 8, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Kris James Mitchener & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2012.
"Irving Fisher and Price‐Level Targeting in Austria: Was Silver the Answer?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44(4), pages 733-750, 06.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Kris James Mitchener & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2011. "Irving Fisher and Price-Level Targeting in Austria: Was Silver the Answer?," NBER Working Papers 17123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D Bordo & Christopher M Meissner & Marc D Weidenmier, 2006.
"Currency Mismatches, Default Risk, and Exchange Rate Depreciation: Evidence from the End of Bimetallism,"
WEF Working Papers
0010, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
- Michael D. Bordo & Christopher M. Meissner & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2006. "Currency Mismatches, Default Risk, and Exchange Rate Depreciation: Evidence from the End of Bimetallism," NBER Working Papers 12299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Utku Teksoez) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Utku Teksoez to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.