High Point Industries of Aegean Region of Turkey
AbstractAs theoretical studies on industrial clusters have progressed, many researchers have focused on identifying clusters in various regions in different national economies. The emphasis has generally been to identify potential clusters, upon which a policy of sustainable development can be formulated. This paper aims to provide a basis to enable the identification of the regional clusters in Turkey. Using manufacturing industry data for years 1995 and 2000, regional high points of the Aegean Region have been identified by calculating shares of regional employment and concentration ratio. Then the identified industries have been focused upon to provide an initial framework to identify Aegean Region’s clusters.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ege University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 0604.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2006-11-18 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-GEO-2006-11-18 (Economic Geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Baris Gök).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.