Efectos sobre el bienestar social de las empresas con poder de mercado en México
AbstractThis paper shows that the individual welfare losses due to the exercise of market power in the service sectors are greater in relative terms for the consumers with higher incomes. However, after adding to those results the ones obtained for the case of consumer goods sold in non-competitive markets, the total welfare loss becomes relatively greater among the poorest consumers, as well as in the case of the most backward states.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México in its series EGAP Working Papers with number 2009-05.
Date of creation: May 2009
Date of revision:
monopoly; Cournot oligopoly; distributive effects; regional effects; income distribution; markets for services; Mexico;
Other versions of this item:
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 2009. "Efectos sobre el bienestar social de las empresas con poder de mercado en México," Finanzas Públicas, Centro de Estudios de las Finanzas Públicas, H. Cámara de Diputados, vol. 1(1), pages 79-118.
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - General Welfare
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amaranta Arroyo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.