Term Structure Equations Under Benchmark Framework
AbstractThis paper makes use of an integrated benchmark modeling framework that allows us to derive term structure equations for bond and forward prices. The benchmark or numeraire is chosen to be the growth optimal portfolio (GOP). For deterministic short rate the solution of the bond term structure equation coincides with the explicit formula obtained in Platen(2005). The resulting term structure equations are used to explain moves in bond and forward prices by introducing GOP as a factor and therefore constructing a hedge portfolio for bond consisting of units of the GOP and the saving account. The paper also derives an affine term structure equation for forward price in term of the GOP factor. In the case of stochastic short rate we restrict our selves to give only a term structure equation for the bond price.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels in its series EERI Research Paper Series with number EERI_RP_2009_13.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 08 2009
Date of revision:
Term structure; Benchmark approach; GOP; Forward price; bond.;
Other versions of this item:
- El Qalli, Yassine, 2009. "Term Structure Equations Under Benchmark Framework," MPRA Paper 15667, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Arbitrage in Continuous Complete Markets," Research Paper Series, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney 72, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Eckhard Platen, 2003.
"An Alternative Interest Rate Term Structure Model,"
Research Paper Series, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney
97, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Eckhard Platen, 2005. "An Alternative Interest Rate Term Structure Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(06), pages 717-735.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.