A model of management teams
AbstractWe present a simple model of management teams where the time it takes to make decisions is related to the size of the committee. We characterize the situations where larger or smaller sizes of the management team are desirable depending on the covariance structure of the signals that the managers observe.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh in its series ESE Discussion Papers with number 24.
Date of creation: Oct 2004
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Ley, E. & Steel, M.FJ., 1995. "A Model of Management Teams," Papers, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research 9586, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Ley, E. & Steel, M.F.J., 1995. "A model of management teams," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 1995-86, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eduardo Ley & Mark F.J. Steel, 1995. "A Model of Management Teams," Others, EconWPA 9503001, EconWPA, revised 19 Jul 1995.
- P - Economic Systems
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Z - Other Special Topics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katzner, Donald W., 1995. "Participatory decision-making in the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 221-236, March.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988. "Committees, Hierarchies and Polyarchies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 451-70, June.
- Anne Sibert, 2006.
"Central Banking by Committee,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 145-168, 08.
- Anne Sibert, 2006. "Central Banking by Committee," DNB Working Papers, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department 091, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Sibert, Anne, 2006. "Central Banking by Committee," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 5626, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Reddie).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.