Actualización global de tablas origen-destino: una alternativa al método Euro
AbstractThe application of RAS-SU requires prior knowledge of the row and column sums of the matrices in question. The Euro method avoids this limitation; however it is only applicable to square matrices and it is not always convergent. In this paper, the global updating method is adapted to supply and use tables. The main focus is on indicating how rectangular matrices can be adjusted, without the need of any prior manipulation, and on ensuring the convergence of the results obtained. The global updating method is based on a distribution of the differences between vectorial estimations. It is more generic than the RAS method, and offers more routes to action. In general, one has to consider the relative weights attributable to each differential distribution. Needless to say, the availability of additional information in relation to the matrix structure would lighten the task.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia in its series Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica with number 0042.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Chalé dos Catedráticos, 1. Avda. das Ciencias s/n. Campus Vida, 15782 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: 981 59 11 66
Fax: 981 59 99 35
Web page: http://www.usc.es/idega/
More information through EDIRC
supply and use tables; global updating; scarce information;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
- C89 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xesús Pereira López & Melchor Fernández Fernández & André Carrascal Incera, 2012. "Algunas consideraciones acerca de los modelos input-output rectangulares," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0049, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Fernandez Grela).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.