Máximo aprovechamiento de métodos de actualización matricial
AbstractThere exist a huge number of updating methods for input-output tables, some of them simple and others more complex, depending on their formulation. The information available to enable the application of these methods differs; hence certain methods cannot be used in some models. In practice, the reference figures needed to use non-survey tools are published by statistical offices with certain delay. For this reason, updated tables are available only at a later stage. This paper puts forward, from a global perspective, an adjustment procedure for those cases where information is scarce. Specifically, an explanation is given as to how the RAS method can be applied without needing to know the row and column sums of the relevant matrices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia in its series Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica with number 0041.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Chalé dos Catedráticos, 1. Avda. das Ciencias s/n. Campus Vida, 15782 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: 981 59 11 66
Fax: 981 59 99 35
Web page: http://www.usc.es/idega/
More information through EDIRC
input-output; RAS; convergence; scarce information;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
- C89 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xesús Pereira López & José Luis Quiñoá López & André Carrascal Incera, 2012. "Actualización de la Inversa de Leontief," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0050, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Fernandez Grela).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.