Spatial Inequality in Chile
AbstractResearch on regional economic growth in Chile has focused mainly on convergence (absolute vs. conditional) and the speed toward the steady state, and less on what such convergence entails in terms of welfare, poverty reduction, and inequality. This is a major limitation. This paper presents an econometric analysis of convergence in regional income levels and its quantitative relationship with the decline in poverty levels and inequality. Moreover, none of the papers address the important question of what are the determinants of the speed of convergence and whether economic policies can affect it
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Econometric Society in its series Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings with number 241.
Date of creation: 11 Aug 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Phone: 1 212 998 3820
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/pastmeetings.asp
More information through EDIRC
Spatial inequality; regional growth; income distribution;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcelo Bergolo & Fedora Carbajal, 2010. "Exploring the Urban-Rural Labor Income Gap in Uruguay: A Quantile Regression Decomposition," Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 25(2), pages 133-168, Diciembre.
- Modrego, F. & Ramírez, E. & Tartakowsky, A., 2008. "La heterogeneidad espacial del desarrollo económico en Chile," Working papers 009, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2006.
"Chile's Economic Growth,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 43(127), pages 5-48.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.