Belief Change in Branching Time: AGM-Consistency and Iterated Revision
AbstractWe study belief change in the branching-time structures introduced in . First, we identify a property of branching-time frames that is equivalent to AGM-consistency, which is defined as follows. A frame is AGM-consistent if the partial belief revision function associated with an arbitrary state-instant pair and an arbitrary model based on that frame can be extended to a full belief revision function that satisfies the AGM postulates. Second, we provide a set of modal axioms that characterize the class of AGM-consistent frames within the modal logic introduced in . Third, we introduce a generalization of AGM belief revision functions that allows a clear statement of principles of iterated belief revision and discuss iterated revision both semantically and syntactically.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of California at Davis, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 10-1.
Date of creation: Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616-8578
Phone: (530) 752-0741
Fax: (530) 752-9382
Web page: http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu/working_search.cfm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2010. "Belief change in branching time: AGM-consistency and iterated revision," Working Papers 101, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2006.
"Axiomatization of the AGM theory of belief revision in a temporal logic,"
617, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 2006. "Axiomatization of the AGM Theory of Belief Revision in a Temporal Logic," Working Papers 06-17, University of California at Davis, Department of Economics.
- Battigalli, Pierpaolo & Bonanno, Giacomo, 1999. "Editors' note," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 243-246, September.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 2011.
"Reasoning about Strategies and Rational Play in Dynamic Games,"
11-11, University of California at Davis, Department of Economics.
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2011. "Reasoning about strategies and rational play in dynamic games," Working Papers 1111, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.