Axiomatization of the AGM Theory of Belief Revision in a Temporal Logic
AbstractIt is natural to think of belief revision as the interaction of belief and information over time. Thus branching-time temporal logic seems a natural setting for a theory of belief revision. We propose two extensions of a modal logic that, besides the "next-time" temporal operator, contains a belief operator and an information operator. The first logic is shown to provide an axiomatization of the first six postulates of the AGM theory of belief revision, while the second, stronger, logic provides an axiomatization of the full set of AGM postulates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of California at Davis, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 06-17.
Date of creation: Apr 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616-8578
Phone: (530) 752-0741
Fax: (530) 752-9382
Web page: http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu/working_search.cfm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2006. "Axiomatization of the AGM theory of belief revision in a temporal logic," Working Papers 617, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Ray Canterbery, 1984. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 7(1), pages 4-6, October.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 2010.
"Belief Change in Branching Time: AGM-Consistency and Iterated Revision,"
10-1, University of California at Davis, Department of Economics.
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2010. "Belief change in branching time: AGM-consistency and iterated revision," Working Papers 101, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.