Temporal Interaction of Information and Belief
AbstractThe temporal updating of an agent's beliefs in response to a flow of information is modeled in a simple modal logic that, for every date t , contains a normal belief operator B[subscript t] and a non-normal information operator I[subscript t] which is analogous to the 'only knowing' operator discussed in the computer science literature. Soundness and completeness of the logic are proved and the relationship between the proposed logic and the AGM theory of belief revision is discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of California at Davis, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 05-41.
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616-8578
Phone: (530) 752-0741
Fax: (530) 752-9382
Web page: http://www.econ.ucdavis.edu/working_search.cfm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Kreps & Robert Wilson, 1998.
Levine's Working Paper Archive
237, David K. Levine.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 2005.
"A Simple Modal Logic for Belief Revision,"
05-17, University of California at Davis, Department of Economics.
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2005. "A simple modal logic for belief revision," Working Papers 517, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 2004. "A Simple Modal Logic for Belief Revision," Working Papers 04-5, University of California at Davis, Department of Economics.
- Giacomo Bonanno, 2004. "A simple modal logic for belief revision," Working Papers 45, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- E. Ray Canterbery, 1984. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 7(1), pages 4-6, October.
- Battigalli, Pierpaolo, 1996. "Strategic Independence and Perfect Bayesian Equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 201-234, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.