The attractiveness of 66 countries for institutional real estate investments: A composite index approach
AbstractWe address the attractiveness of worldwide 66 countries for institutional real estate investments by the construction of a composite index. For the index' composition, we refer to the results of prior research on the parameters determining real estate investment activity on an aggregated country level. Our index reveals a country ranking that correlates reasonably with commercial real estate investments as we prove with back-tests over six years. We increase the transparency of market variables for decision-making in global real estate asset allocation and provide the key determinants that shape national real estate markets. The results highlight the strengths and weaknesses of developed, transition and emerging economies and provide guidelines for political improvements to attract international capital to spur real estate investment activity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IESE Business School in its series IESE Research Papers with number D/868.
Length: 63 pages
Date of creation: 13 Jul 2010
Date of revision:
Real Estate Investments; International Asset Allocation; Real Estate Market Attractiveness;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- P25 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-25 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Jimenez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.