Alliances and industry analysis
AbstractTraditionally alliances have been left at of industry analysis. We have been focusing basically on the economic characteristics determining bargaining power on the relationships between the actors in a value system. The paper proposes a methodology to analyze industries from a very different perspective that incorporates alliances as one of the main drivers of industry structure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IESE Business School in its series IESE Research Papers with number D/649.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 11 Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Alliances; industry structure; networks;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-10-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2006-10-28 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-NET-2006-10-28 (Network Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Newman, Howard H, 1978. "Strategic Groups and the Structure-Performance Relationship," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 417-27, August.
- Oster, Sharon M, 1982. "Intraindustry Structure and the Ease of Strategic Change," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 376-83, August.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Hennart, J.-F., 1994. "The 'comparative institutional' theory of the firm : some implications for corporate strategy," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-174427, Tilburg University.
- Caves, R E & Porter, M E, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-61, May.
- Akbar Zaheer & Srilata Zaheer, 1997. "Catching the Wave: Alertness, Responsiveness, and Market Influence in Global Electronic Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1493-1509, November.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1984.
"Do markets differ much?,"
1531-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Jimenez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.