Determinants of board members’ financial expertise – Empirical evidence from France
AbstractThis article investigates the determinants of boards’ financial expertise using a sample of 95 non-financial French listed firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 903.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 13 Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Financial expertise; board of directors; supervisory board; corporate governance;
Other versions of this item:
- Jeanjean, Thomas & Stolowy, Hervé, 2009. "Determinants of board members' financial expertise -- Empirical evidence from France," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 378-402, December.
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-12-21 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2008-12-21 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-ORE-2008-12-21 (Operations Research)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vassili Joannides & Nicolas Berland & D. T. Wickramasinghe, 2010. "Post-Hofstede diversity/cultural studies: what contributions to accounting knowledge?," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00676570, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.