How HRM control affects boundary-spanning employees’ behavioural strategies and satisfaction : The moderating impact of cultural performance orientation
AbstractThis study examines how cultural performance orientation moderates the influence of human resource management (HRM) controls on boundary-spanning employees’ behavioural strategies and satisfaction.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 895.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: 27 Nov 2008
Date of revision:
HRM control; national culture; performance orientation; boundary-spanning employees; salespeople;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-12-07 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2008-12-07 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ansari, Shahid L., 1977. "An integrated approach to control system design," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 101-112, March.
- Anne T. Coughlan & Subrata K. Sen, 1989. "Salesforce Compensation: Theory and Managerial Implications," Marketing Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 324-342.
- Flamholtz, Eric, 1996. "Effective organizational control: A framework, applications, and implications," European Management Journal, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 596-611, December.
- Julian Birkinshaw & Omar Toulan & David Arnold, 2001. "Global Account Management in Multinational Corporations: Theory and Evidence," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(2), pages 231-248, June.
- Mansour Javidan & Robert J House & Peter W Dorfman & Paul J Hanges & Mary Sully de Luque, 2006. "Conceptualizing and measuring cultures and their consequences: a comparative review of GLOBE's and Hofstede's approaches," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(6), pages 897-914, November.
- Ping Ping Fu & Jeff Kennedy & Jasmine Tata & Gary Yukl & Michael Harris Bond & Tai-Kuang Peng & Ekkirala S Srinivas & Jon P Howell & Leonel Prieto & Paul Koopman & Jaap J Boonstra & Selda Pasa & Marie, 2004. "The impact of societal cultural values and individual social beliefs on the perceived effectiveness of managerial influence strategies: a meso approach," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(4), pages 284-305, July.
- Gupta, Vipin & Hanges, Paul J. & Dorfman, Peter, 2002. "Cultural clusters: methodology and findings," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 11-15, April.
- Chow, Chee W. & Shields, Michael D. & Wu, Anne, 1999. "The importance of national culture in the design of and preference for management controls for multi-national operations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-6), pages 441-461, July.
- Efferin, Sujoko & Hopper, Trevor, 2007. "Management control, culture and ethnicity in a Chinese Indonesian company," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 223-262, April.
- Jesuino, Jorge Correia, 2002. "Latin europe cluster: from South to North," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 81-89, April.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 1985. "Control: Organizational and Economic Approaches," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 134-149, February.
- Merchant, Kenneth A. & Chow, Chee W. & Wu, Anne, 1995. "Measurement, evaluation and reward of profit center managers: A cross-cultural field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(7-8), pages 619-638.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.