Connaissance du prix par les enfants de 5 à 13 ans : une étude exploratoire
AbstractAt a very early age, the child becomes a real consumer and the prices becomes part of his daily basis. This exploratory study shows that the child acquires a knowledge of prices through a non linear and non cumulative training, marked out by formative incidents. He uses measures and strategies of price evaluation. This procedure is influenced by interest, expertise and experience of children product.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 820.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 01 Mar 2005
Date of revision:
child-consumer; price konwoledge; memorization and estimation of prices;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2006-03-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2006-03-18 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ward, Scott, 1974. " Consumer Socialization," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14, Se.
- Jacobson, Robert & Obermiller, Carl, 1990. " The Formation of Expected Future Price: A Reference Price for Forward-Looking Consumers," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 420-32, March.
- Urbany, Joel E & Dickson, Peter R, 1991. " Consumer Normal Price Estimation: Market versus Personal Standards," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 45-51, June.
- John, Deborah Roedder & Cole, Catherine A, 1986. " Age Differences in Information Processing: Understanding Deficits in Young and Elderly Consumers," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(3), pages 297-315, December.
- Biswas, Abhijit & Wilson, Elizabeth J. & Licata, Jane W., 1993. "Reference pricing studies in marketing: A synthesis of research results," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 239-256, July.
- Furnham, Adrian, 1999. "The saving and spending habits of young people," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 677-697, December.
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram & Russell S. Winer, 1995. "Empirical Generalizations from Reference Price Research," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages G161-G169.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.