La rentabilité des services dans les entreprises industrielles: "enquête sur un postulat"
AbstractThe working paper discusses the profitability of service offers in industrial firms. It first lists the main arguments supporting the theoretical debate, and then describes the results of a field study implemented in six industrial SME’s, which highlights the heterogeneity of their practices regarding the pricing and costing of service offers. The paper concludes by presenting the main conditions required to ensure the profitability of services in industrial firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 811.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: 01 Mar 2005
Date of revision:
profitability; services; pricing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leo, P.Y. & Philippe, J., 1996. "Les couples produit-service, voie de developpement pour les PME exportatrices?," Papers 190, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Gebauer, Heiko & Fleisch, Elgar & Friedli, Thomas, 2005. "Overcoming the Service Paradox in Manufacturing Companies," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 14-26, February.
- Hünerberg, Reinhard & Hüttmann, Axel, 2003. "Performance as a Basis for Price-setting in the Capital Goods Industry:: Concepts and Empirical Evidence," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 717-730, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.