Proportional transaction costs on asset trades : a note on existence by homotopy methods
AbstractWe prove existence of equilibria with proportional transaction costs on asset trading, using homotopy methods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 717.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 01 Dec 2000
Date of revision:
Transaction costs; incomplete markets; homotopy methods;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atsushi Kajii & Antonio Villanacci & Alessandro Citanna, 1998. "Constrained suboptimality in incomplete markets: a general approach and two applications," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 495-521.
- Prechac, Christophe, 1996. "Existence of equilibrium in incomplete markets with intermediation costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 373-380.
- Arrow, Kenneth J. & Hahn, Frank, 1999. "Notes on Sequence Economies, Transaction Costs, and Uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 203-218, June.
- repec:fth:louvco:9943 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heaton, John & Lucas, Deborah J, 1996.
"Evaluating the Effects of Incomplete Markets on Risk Sharing and Asset Pricing,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(3), pages 443-87, June.
- John Heaton & Deborah Lucas, 1993. "Evaluating the Effects of Incomplete Markets on Risk Sharing and Asset Pricing," NBER Working Papers 4249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hahn, F H, 1971. "Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(3), pages 417-39, May.
- Hahn, Frank H, 1973. "On Transaction Costs, Inessential Sequence Economies and Money," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 449-61, October.
- Jouini Elyes & Kallal Hedi, 1995. "Martingales and Arbitrage in Securities Markets with Transaction Costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 178-197, June.
- MINELLI, Enrico & POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles, 1999. "Nash-Walras equilibria of a large economy," CORE Discussion Papers 1999043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Magill, Michael J. P. & Constantinides, George M., 1976. "Portfolio selection with transactions costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 245-263, October.
- Foley, Duncan K., 1970. "Economic equilibrium with costly marketing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 276-291, September.
- Kallal, Hedi & Jouini, Elyès, 1995. "Martingales and arbitrage in securities markets with transaction costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5630, Paris Dauphine University.
- Starr, Ross M, 1969. "Quasi-Equilibria in Markets with Non-Convex Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 25-38, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.