Deconstructing power and politics in organizations: Air France and the application of the ALSA method
AbstractIn this article, a framework is presented based on the view that organizations consist of political actors who act in accordance with their own perceptions of rationality, not in accordance with the principles of rational decision-making theory. ALSA-Actors' Logic Systems Analysis is focused on the various constellation of political coalitions within the organization and the underlying motivations that actors have within the framework of these varying issues. An illustration of the application of the ALSA method in organizations is presented in the real-life example of the case of Air France.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 715.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 01 Nov 2000
Date of revision:
Political actors; decision making; ALSA; France;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.