Creativity: Can Artistic Perspectives Contribute to Management Questions?
AbstractToday creativity is considered as a necessity in ail aspects of management. This working paper mirrors the artistic and managerial conceptions of creativity. Although there are shared points in bath applications, however deep-seated and radically opposed traits account for the divergence between the two fields. This exploratory analysis opens up new research questions and insights into practices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School in its series ESSEC Working Papers with number DR 03020.
Length: 52 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2003
Date of revision:
Creativity; Management; Art;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2003-11-09 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CUL-2003-11-09 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2003-11-09 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HPE-2003-11-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sophie Magnanou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.