Trends in Household Vulnerability
AbstractThis paper presents a few of the latest statistics on income poverty, growth and inequality, and makes a case about the need not only to monitor current poverty, but also to reduce future poverty. An assessment of the trends in household vulnerability to income poverty is made for the years 2000, 2003, and 2006. Measurement of household vulnerability is based on the use of a modified probit model, income data from the Family Income and Expenditure Survey, as well as the official poverty lines. Policy implications about the vulnerability assessment are also discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by East Asian Bureau of Economic Research in its series Development Economics Working Papers with number 22805.
Date of creation: Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
vulnerability; poverty; Growth; Inequality;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. Maligalig, Dalisay & B. Caoli-Rodriguez, Rhona & Martinez, Jr., Arturo & Cuevas, Sining, 2010. "Education Outcomes in the Philippines," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 199, Asian Development Bank.
- Reyes, Celia M., 2004. "An Initial Verdict on Our Fight Against Poverty," Discussion Papers DP 2004-48, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Reyes, Celia M., 2002. "The Poverty Fight: Have We Made an Impact?," Discussion Papers DP 2002-20, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Maligalig, Dalisay S. & Albert, Jose Ramon G., 2008. "Measures for Assessing Basic Education in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2008-16, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Dalisay S. Maligalig & Jose Ramon G. Albert, 2008. "Measures for Assessing Basic Education in the Philippines," Development Economics Working Papers 22656, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.