Non-Linear Mixed Logit
AbstractWe develop an extension of the familiar linear mixed logit model to allow for the direct estimation of parametric non-linear functions defined over structural parameters. Classic applications include the estimation of coefficients of utility functions to characterize risk attitudes and discounting functions to characterize impatience. There are several unexpected benefits of this extension, apart from the ability to directly estimate structural parameters of theoretical interest.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Durham University Business School in its series Working Papers with number 2011_04.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Durham University Business School, Mill Hill Lane, Durham DH1 3LB, England
Phone: +44 (0)191 334 5200
Fax: +44 (0)191 334 5201
Web page: http://www.dur.ac.uk/business
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2011-09-22 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ECM-2011-09-22 (Econometrics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burton, Michael & Rigby, Dan, 2012. "The Market for Essays," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152195, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kerri Brick & Martine Visser & Justine Burns, 2011.
"Risk Aversion: Experimental Evidence from South African Fishing Communities,"
227, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Kerri Brick & Martine Visser & Justine Burns, 2012. "Risk Aversion: Experimental Evidence from South African Fishing Communities," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(1), pages 133-152.
- Achtnicht, Martin, 2012.
"German car buyers' willingness to pay to reduce CO2 emissions,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
09-058 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Achtnicht, Martin, 2009. "German car buyers' willingness to pay to reduce CO2 emissions," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-058, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Antoni Bosch-Domènech & José Montalvo & Rosemarie Nagel & Albert Satorra, 2010. "A finite mixture analysis of beauty-contest data using generalized beta distributions," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 461-475, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IT Office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.