Incentivos de Mercado para Formação de Clusters: uma Abordagem Unificada
AbstractThis paper relies in a simple micro-model which is able to capture the impact of all major factors forwarded in the literature to explain the generation of market incentives clustering. The model helps to understand the role of each of these factors, unveiling those that play any role either as necessary and/or sufficient conditions to provide market incentives for clustering. The factors analysed are: (i) existence of externalities, (ii) increasing returns to scale and (iii) spatial concentration of demand. It is argued that all the other market incentives appearing in the literature can be classified as one of these three factors. Existence of externality is seen as the only necessary and sufficient condition to generate market incentives for clustering. The two others demand the existence of externality to be able to generate market incentives of clustering.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Datamétrica Consultoria Econômica in its series Working Papers with number 45.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision: 2003
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Rua Luis Guimaraes, no 207, Poco de Panela, Recife/PE
Phone: +55 (081) 3267 1500
Fax: +55 (081) 3267 1512
Web page: http://184.108.40.206/
More information through EDIRC
clustering; externalidades; aglomerações; clusters.;
Other versions of this item:
- Alexandre Rands Barros, 2003. "Incentivos de Mercado para Formação de Clusters: uma Abordagem Unificada," Anais do XXXI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 31th Brazilian Economics Meeting] e49, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- O00 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - General - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirelle Queiroz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.