The Employer Size-Wage Effect : Evidence from Italy
AbstractWe use micro data to look at the firm-size wage differential in Italy. Given the remarkable importance of small firms in this country, this is a relevant issue.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University in its series ISER Discussion Paper with number 0432.
Length: 298 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
BUSINESS ORGANIZATION ; WAGE DETERMINATION ; ITALY ; SIZE OF ENTERPRISE;
Other versions of this item:
- Brunello, Giorgio & Colussi, Aldo, 1998. "The employer size-wage effect: evidence from Italy," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 217-230, June.
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1990.
" The Wage Curve,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(2), pages 215-35.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew Oswald, 1995.
"International Wage Curves,"
in: Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, pages 145-174
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dell'Aringa, Carlo & Lucifora, Claudio, 1994. "Collective bargaining and relative earnings in Italy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 727-747, December.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 1986.
"An Analysis of Public and Private Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status,"
NBER Working Papers
1920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1988. "An Analysis of Public- and Private-Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(2), pages 229-53, April.
- Idson, Todd L & Feaster, Daniel J, 1990. "A Selectivity Model of Employer-Size Wage Differentials," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages 99-122, January.
- Beggs, John J, 1988. "Diagnostic Testing in Applied Econometrics," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(185), pages 81-101, June.
- Alexander Muravyev, 2007. "Firm Size, Wages and Unobserved Skills: Evidence from Dual Job Holdings in the UK," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 681, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2007.
"The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/8735, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & FranÃ§ois Rycx, 2007. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," Empirica, Springer, vol. 34(5), pages 427-451, December.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," DULBEA Working Papers 05-07.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lallemand, Thierry & Plasman, Robert & Rycx, Francois, 2005. "The Establishment-Size Wage Premium: Evidence from European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 1569, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thierry Lallemand & François Rycx, 2007.
"Employer Size and the Structure of Wages: A Critical Survey,"
Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 75-87.
- Thierry Lallemand & François Rycx, 2007. "Employer size and the structure of wages: a critical survey," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8747, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- José Ignacio Uribe & Carlos Humberto Ortiz & Gustavo Adolfo García, 2007. "La segmentación del mercado laboral colombiano en la década de los noventa," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 9(16), pages 189-221, January-J.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Comi, Simona & Lucifora, Claudio, 2000. "The Returns to Education in Italy: A New Look at the Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 130, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Navon, Guy, 2006. "Human Capital Heterogeneity: University Choice and Wages," MPRA Paper 9708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.