Nonlinear Budget Constraints and Estimation: Effects of Subsidized Home Loans on Housing Decisions in Japan
AbstractThis is the first study to apply to Japanese housing data the econometric analysis of piecewise-linear budget constraints arising from space-linked interest rates. Two models of housing demand are discussed: The first is a Hausman-type model for floor space with random preferences and optimization errors. The second considers joint demand of floor space and other housing quality.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University in its series ISER Discussion Paper with number 0400.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
HOUSING; JAPAN; EVALUATION; BUDGET; BANKS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seko, Miki, 2002. "Nonlinear budget constraints and estimation: effects of subsidized home loans on floor space decisions in Japan," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 280-299, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.