Future Trends in Japan's Saving Rate and the Implications thereof for Japan's External Imbalance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University in its series ISER Discussion Paper with number 0239.
Length: 45 pages
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
population ; balance of payments ; investments ; government;
Other versions of this item:
- Horioka, Charles Yuji, 1992. "Future trends in Japan's saving rate and the implications thereof for Japan's external imbalance," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 307-330, April.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horioka, Charles Yuji & Terada-Hagiwara, Akiko, 2012.
"The determinants and long-term projections of saving rates in Developing Asia,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 128-137.
- Charles Yuji Horioka & Akiko Terada-Hagiwara, 2011. "The Determinants and Long-term Projections of Saving Rates in Developing Asia," ISER Discussion Paper 0821, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Charles Yuji Horioka & Akiko Terada-Hagiwara, 2011. "The Determinants and Long-term Projections of Saving Rates in Developing Asia," NBER Working Papers 17581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Yuji Horioka, 2007. "A Survey of Household Saving Behavior in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0684, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- James, William E., 1998. "The economic effects of aging in the United States and Japan : Edited by Michael D. Hurd and Naohiro Yashiro, Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1997," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 533-536.
- Robert Dekle, 2004.
"Financing Consumption in an Aging Japan: The Role of Foreign Capital Inflows in Immigration,"
NBER Working Papers
10781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dekle, Robert, 2004. "Financing consumption in an aging Japan: The role of foreign capital inflows and immigration," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 506-527, December.
- Feroli, Michael, 2006. "Demography and the U.S. current account deficit," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Barry Bosworth & Gary Burtless, 1997. "Social Security reform in a global context," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jun, pages 243-274.
- Charles Yuji Horioka, 2008.
"The Flow of Household Funds in Japan,"
Microeconomics Working Papers
22599, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- 深尾, 京司, 2002. "黒字大国終焉論の誤解," Discussion Paper 97, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Michael Feroli, 2003. "Capital flows among the G-7 nations: a demographic perspective," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-54, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kim, Soyoung & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2008. "Demographic changes, saving, and current account: An analysis based on a panel VAR model," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 236-256, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.