The Constitutional Creation of a Common Currency in the U.S., 1748-1811: Monetary Stabilization versus Merchant Rent Seeking
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Delaware, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 04-07.
Length: 49 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Jurgen Nautz and Lars Jonung, eds., Conflict Potentials In Monetary Unions. Stuttgart: Franz Steiner Verlag, 2007
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Purnell Hall, Newark, Delaware 19716
Phone: (302) 831-2565
Fax: (302) 831-6968
Web page: http://www.lerner.udel.edu/departments/economics/department-economics/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2005-09-29 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2005-09-29 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2005-09-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-09-29 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2010.
"Monetary Policy and the Dollar,"
in: Founding Choices: American Economic Policy in the 1790s, pages 121-149
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2009. "Monetary Policy and the Dollar," NBER Working Papers 14993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2009. "Monetary Policy and the Dollar," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0913, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Farley W. Grubb, 2005. "State "Currencies" and the Transition to the U.S. Dollar: Reply—Including a New View from Canada," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1341-1348, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Saul Hoffman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.