Evaluation of the performance of French academics in management sciences before and after the 2009 French university reform : a reading from the theory of organizational architecture
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to present the procedures for the evaluation of academics in management sciences in France. After recalling the characteristics of the evaluation procedures before the implementation of ongoing reforms, an assessment of possible consequences of the latter is conducted in light of the theory of organizational architecture. This theory presumes a causal link between organizational performance and consistency between allocation of decision rights, incentive systems and performance evaluation. The analysis suggests that the expected benefits of reform may be compromised due to an underestimation of the costs associated with implementing the new architecture, the apparent ignorance of the issues of complementarity and coherence between components of the architecture and the possible crowding out effect between intrinsic and extrinsic motivations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université de Bourgogne - Crego EA 7317/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance) in its series Working Papers FARGO with number 1090405.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2 Bd Gabriel, BP 26611, 21066 Dijon Cedex, France
Web page: http://leg2.u-bourgogne.fr/FARGO/
Postal: Gérard Charreaux, Fargo-Leg, Université de Bourgogne 2 Bd Gabriel, BP 26611, 21066 Dijon Cedex, France
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- L39 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Other
- M19 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Margit Osterloh & Bruno S. Frey, . "Motivation, Knowledge Transfer, and Organizational Form," IEW - Working Papers 027, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Margit Osterloh & Jetta Frost & Bruno Frey, 2002. "The Dynamics of Motivation in New Organizational Forms," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 61-77.
- Btissam Bouzidi & Touria Jaaidane & Robert Gary-Bobo, 2007. "Les traitements des enseignants français, 1960-2004 : La voie de la démoralisation ?," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 0(3), pages 323-363.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gérard Charreaux).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.