Social Accounting Matrices; The development and application of SAMs at the local level
AbstractThis contribution aims to highlight the importance of Social Accounting Matrices (SAMs) for the study of regional-economic interactions. After a conceptual review of SAMs, the attention is focused on the empirical meaning of SAMs for economic impact assessment. The potential of SAMs is illustrated by an extensive pedagogical treatment of this tool on the basis of several town-hinterland interactions in 5 different European countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0045.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Demetrios Psaltopoulos & Eudokia Balamou & Kenneth J. Thomson, 2006. "Rural-Urban Impacts of CAP Measures in Greece: An Inter-regional SAM Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 441-458.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2007:i:17:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khan, Haider A., 1999. "Sectoral Growth and Poverty Alleviation: A Multiplier Decomposition Technique Applied to South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 521-530, March.
- Morilla, Carmen Rodriguez & Diaz-Salazar, Gaspar Llanes & Cardenete, M. Alejandro, 2007. "Economic and environmental efficiency using a social accounting matrix," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 774-786, February.
- Cohen, S. I., 1996. "Urban growth and circular flow in a SAM-framework: The case of The Netherlands," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 2007. "Ceteris paribus, spatial complexity and spatial equilibrium: An interpretative perspective," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 509-516, July.
- Sanchez-Choliz, Julio & Duarte, Rosa & Mainar, Alfredo, 2007. "Environmental impact of household activity in Spain," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 308-318, April.
- Parikh, Alka & Thorbecke, Erik, 1996. "Impact of Rural Industrialization on Village Life and Economy: A Social Accounting Matrix Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 351-77, January.
- Pyatt, Graham & Round, Jeffrey I, 1977. "Social Accounting Matrices for Development Planning," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 23(4), pages 339-64, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.