Entrepreneurship and Regional Development
AbstractThis chapter offers a review on modern entrepreneurship analysis, against the background of regional development. After a conceptual discussion on the importance and the measurement of entrepreneurship, the contribution discusses success factors and determinants of entrepreneurships. Next, focus is laid on the geography of entrepreneurship, while also due attention is paid to the relevance of networks for modern entrepreneurship. The chapter concludes with some retrospective and prospective remarks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0035.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Westlund & Elin Nilsson, 2003.
"Measuring enterprises’ investments in social capital - a pilot study,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p235, European Regional Science Association.
- Hans Westlund & Elin Nilsson, 2005. "Measuring enterprises' investments in social capital: A pilot study," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(8), pages 1079-1094.
- Roy, Satyaki, 2012.
"Spatial Organization Of Production In India: Contesting Themes And Conflicting Evidence,"
Journal of Regional Development and Planning,
JRDP, vol. 1(1), pages 1-16.
- Roy, Satyaki, 2011. "Spatial organization of production in India: contesting themes and conflicting evidence," MPRA Paper 30986, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liargovas, Panagiotis G. & Daskalopoulou, Irene F., 2011.
"Capital allocation in the Greek regions,"
30116, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nijkamp, P. & Sahin, M., 2009. "Performance indicators of urban migrant entrepreneurship in the netherlands," Serie Research Memoranda 0034, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Roger Stough & Peter Nijkamp, 2007. "Entrepreneurship in regional economic development: some methodological applications," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 749-752, December.
- Johansson, Börje, 2004. "Parsing the Menagerie of Agglomeration and Network Externalities," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 2, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Katharina Pijnenburg & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2011.
"Do Regions with Entrepreneurial Neighbors Perform Better? A Spatial Econometric Approach for German Regions,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa11p58, European Regional Science Association.
- Katharina Pijnenburg & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2011. "Do Regions with Entrepreneurial Neighbors Perform Better?: A Spatial Econometric Approach for German Regions," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1103, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alcina Nunes & Elsa de Morais Sarmento, 2010. "Business Survival in Portuguese Regions," GEMF Working Papers 2010-22, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 2009. "Entrepreneurship, Development, and the Spatial Context Retrospect and Prospect," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Imre Lengyel, 2011. "Types of competitiveness of Hungarian regions: agglomeration economies and endogenous regional development," ERSA conference papers ersa11p674, European Regional Science Association.
- Secondo Rolfo, 2006. "Réflexions en thème de district, clusters, réseaux : le problème de la gouvernance," CERIS Working Paper 200609, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.