Strategic ambitions as drivers of improvement at Daimler Chrysler
AbstractStrategic ambitions can function as drivers of improvement in organizations. Continuous improvement is driven by strategic ambitions to: design quality into the structure of the organization, plan and control improvements, assure improvements, set and realize improvement goals, position the organization in the market as a 'high' quality organization, and create value in interaction with stakeholders. An analytical framework based on these drivers is described. A research project is carried out in the organization of DaimlerChrysler Netherlands. The improvement process in this organization are analyzed with the framework. The research project indicates that the improvement processes are driven by the strategic ambitions of the organization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0002.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
quality management; automotive industry; improvement drivers; continuous improvement;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Cunningham, 1997. "Case study principles for different types of cases," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 401-423, November.
- Choi, Ty, 1995. "Conceptualizing continuous improvement: Implications for organizational change," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 607-624, December.
- Shetty, Y. K., 1987. "Product quality and competitive strategy," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 46-52.
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F., 1997. "Quality strategy, strategic control systems, and organizational performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 293-314.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.