Critical success factors for offshore airports : a comparative evaluation
AbstractThe booming aviation sector is worldwide increasingly faced with capacity constraints at both the land and air side. In recent years various countries have tried to overcome the land-based bottlenecks by the design and construction of new offshore airports. This paper aims to identify and assess the critical success factors for two recently built island airports, viz. in Hong Kong and Osaka. The analysis addresses success conditions at both the corporate and the regional level. The methodological basis for the comparative investigation deploys the so-called pentagon prism. The results show that island airports may seem to offer a favorable land use and environmental solution, but face at the same time severe financial and maritime ecology problems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0035.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Systems - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Systems - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-03-14 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reynolds-Feighan, Aisling J., 2000. "Air transport," Open Access publications from University College Dublin urn:hdl:10197/121, University College Dublin.
- Aliye Ahu AkgÃ¼n & Eveline van Leeuwen & Peter Nijkamp, 2011. "The Usefulness Of Analytical Tools For Sustainable Futures," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1575, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.