Environmental security and sustainability in natural resource management: a decision support framework
AbstractThis paper seeks to offer an overview in recent issues in sustainable development and environmental security policy, as far as resource management is concerned. The focus is on agricultural policy analysis, with a particular view on the development of an operational decision support system. Three topics receive particular attention: the use of relevant indicators, the development of a set of critical threshold conditions, and the design of an assessment and evaluation methodology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0063.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hermanides, Gerda & Nijkamp, Peter, 1997. "Multicriteria evaluation of sustainable agricultural land use : a case of Lesvos," Serie Research Memoranda 0005, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Opschoor, J.B., 1994. "Sustainable development and paradigms in economics," Serie Research Memoranda 0030, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- M. Oguz Sinemillioglu & Nurtekin Ozen, 2006. "The Effect of Migration on Urbanization of Turkey, Case of Diyarbakir," ERSA conference papers ersa06p493, European Regional Science Association.
- Beinat, Euro & Nijkamp, Peter, 1997. "Land use planning and sustainable development," Serie Research Memoranda 0060, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Lancker, Elly & Nijkamp, Peter, 1999. "A policy scenario analysis of sustainable agricultural development options : a case study for Nepal," Serie Research Memoranda 0003, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.