Sustainable tourism development: a case study of Lesbos
AbstractThis paper deals with the notion of sustainable tourism development. It aims to emphasize the applied policy nature of this issue. After an exploratory part the paper exemplifies its arguments by focusing on the tourism development of the Greek island of Lesbos. Various scenarios and development options are discussed and assessed by means of a gualitative impact analysis. Much attention is paid to the feasibility and effectiveness of various policy instruments for achieving sustainable tourism development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0003.
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Other versions of this item:
- Nijkamp, P. & Verdonkschot, S., 1995. "Sustainable tourism development: a case study of Lesbos," Serie Research Memoranda 0003, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Janssen, H. & Kiers, M. & Nijkamp, P., 1993.
"Private and public development strategies for sustainable tourism development of island economies,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0068, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Janssen, H. & Kiers, M. & Nijkamp, P., 1993. "Private and public development strategies for sustainable tourism development of island economies," Serie Research Memoranda 0068, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Harry Coccossis & Mary Constantoglou, 2005. "The Need Of Spatial Typologies In Tourism Planning And Policy Making - The Greek Case," ERSA conference papers ersa05p693, European Regional Science Association.
- Ghafele, Roya & Gibert, Benjamin, 2012. "A New Institutional Economics Perspective on Trademarks. Rebuilding Post Conflict Zones in Sierra Leone and Croatia," MPRA Paper 37859, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sef Baaijens & Peter Nijkamp & Kees Van Montfort, 1998. "Explanatory Meta-analysis for the Comparison and Transfer of Regional Tourist Income Multipliers," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(9), pages 839-849.
- Harry Coccossis & Mary Constantoglou, 2006. "The Use of Typologies in Tourism Planning: Problems and Conflicts," ERSA conference papers ersa06p712, European Regional Science Association.
- Argentino Pessoa & Mário Rui Silva, 2009. "Environment Based Innovation: Policy Questions," FEP Working Papers 308, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.