Structural and frictional unemployment in an equilibrium search model with heterogeneous agents
AbstractThis paper has been presented at the Journal of Applied Econometrics International Conference on the Micro-Econometrics of Dynamic Decision Making, in Tilburg, May 1994. We would like to thank John Rust, Arie Kapteyn and other participants at this conference for their helpful comments. This research was sponsored by the Economics Research Foundation, which is part of the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO). Gerard J. van den Berg acknowledges the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences for financial support. The Organization for Strategic Labour Market Research (OSA) allowed us to use the OSA panel data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0052.
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Unemployment ; Job search ; Wages ; Minimum wage;
Other versions of this item:
- Koning, Pierre & Ridder, Geert & van den Berg, Gerard J, 1995. "Structural and Frictional Unemployment in an Equilibrium Search Model with Heterogeneous Agents," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(S), pages S133-51, Suppl. De.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Flinn, C. & Heckman, J., 1982.
"New methods for analyzing structural models of labor force dynamics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 115-168, January.
- James J. Heckman & Christopher J. Flinn, 1982. "New Methods for Analyzing Structural Models of Labor Force Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 0856, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert H. Meyer & David A. Wise, 1982.
"The Effects of the Minimum Wage on the Employment and Earnings of Youth,"
NBER Working Papers
0849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meyer, Robert H & Wise, David A, 1983. "The Effects of the Minimum Wage on the Employment and Earnings of Youth," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 66-100, January.
- Card, David & Krueger, Alan B, 1994.
"Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast-Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 772-93, September.
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1993. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania," NBER Working Papers 4509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.