Non linear evolution of dynamic spatial systems : lessons from chaos and niche theory
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0066.
Date of creation: 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nusse, H. E. & Hommes, C. H., 1990. "Resolution of chaos with application to a modified Samuelson model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1985.
"On Endogenous Competitive Business Cycles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 995-1045, September.
- Camagni, Roberto & Diappi, Lidia & Leonardi, Giorgio, 1986. "Urban growth and decline in a hierarchical system A supply-oriented dynamic approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 145-160, February.
- Brock, W. A., 1986. "Distinguishing random and deterministic systems: Abridged version," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 168-195, October.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 1987.
"Long-term economic fluctuations: a spatial view,"
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 189-197.
- Medio,Alfredo & Gallo,Giampaolo, 1995. "Chaotic Dynamics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521484619, October.
- Nijkamp, P. & Dieperink, H., 1987.
"Dynamic spatial interaction models : new directions,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0069, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- P Nijkamp & A Reggiani, 1988. "Dynamic spatial interaction models: new directions," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(11), pages 1449-1460, November.
- Brock, W.A. & Dechert, W.D., 1990.
"Nonlinear Dynamical Systems Instability And Chaos In Economics,"
90-17, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Brock, William A. & Dechert, W. Davis, 1991. "Non-linear dynamical systems: Instability and chaos in economics," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 40, pages 2209-2235 Elsevier.
- Hommes, Cars H & Nusse, Helena E, 1989. " Does an Unstable Keynesian Unemployment Equilibrium in a Non-Walrasian Dynamic Macroeconomic Model Imply Chaos?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(1), pages 161-67.
- Lorenz, Hans-Walter, 1987. "International trade and the possible occurrence of chaos," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 135-138.
- Nijkamp, P & Poot, H J & Rouwendal, J, 1991. "A Non-linear Dynamic Model of Spatial Economic Development and R&D Policy," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 287-302.
- Brock, William A. & Sayers, Chera L., 1988. "Is the business cycle characterized by deterministic chaos?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 71-90, July.
- Hommes, Cars H. & Nusse, Helena E. & Simonovits, Andras, 1995. "Cycles and chaos in a socialist economy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 155-179.
- William J. Baumol & Richard E. Quandt, 1985. "Chaos Models and Their Implications for Forecasting," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 3-15, Jan-Mar.
- Scheinkman, Jose A, 1990. "Nonlinearities in Economic Dynamics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(400), pages 33-48, Supplemen.
- Rand, David, 1978. "Exotic phenomena in games and duopoly models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 173-184, September.
- R W White, 1985. "Transitions to chaos with increasing system complexity: the case of regional industrial systems," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 17(3), pages 387-396, March.
- Kelsey, David, 1988. "The Economics of Chaos or the Chaos of Economics," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Michele Boldrin, 1988. "Persistent Oscillations and Chaos in Dynamic Economic Models: Notes for a Survey," UCLA Economics Working Papers 458A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Baumol, William J & Benhabib, Jess, 1989. "Chaos: Significance, Mechanism, and Economic Applications," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 77-105, Winter.
- Mees, Alistair I., 1975. "The revival of cities in medieval Europe: An application of catastrophe theory," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 403-425, December.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Montrucchio, Luigi, 1986. "Dynamic complexity in duopoly games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 40-56, October.
- Benhabib, Jess & Day, Richard H., 1982. "A characterization of erratic dynamics in, the overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 37-55, November.
- Fischer, Edwin O & Jammernegg, Werner, 1986. "Empirical Investigation of a Catastrophe Theory Extension of the Phillips Curve," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 9-17, February.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1991. "Expectations driven business cycles," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 293-299, April.
- Frank, Murray Z & Stengos, Thanasis, 1988. " Chaotic Dynamics in Economic Time-Series," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 103-33.
- Albin, Peter S., 1987. "Microeconomic foundations of cyclical irregularities or `chaos'," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 185-214, June.
- R H Day, 1985. "Dynamical systems theory and complicated economic behavior," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 12(1), pages 55-64, January.
- M Batty & P A Longley, 1986. "The fractal simulation of urban structure," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(9), pages 1143-1179, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.