Innovative service provision for the elderly : a European perspective
AbstractIn this paper, the major frictions that the twelve countries of the European Community face with regard to elderly care are enumerated and explained. The impact these frictions may have are briefly sketched as well as the type of innovations prompted, in part, by these frictions. Von Hippel's view on the emergence of innovation is being used to point out how Schumpeter's notion of 'creative destruction' can potentially enrich the European domain of public-services planning for the aged in the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0089.
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Bejaardenbeleid; Europese Unie;
Other versions of this item:
- P Nijkamp & S Rosdorff & C Wilderom, 1991. "Innovative service provision for the elderly: a European perspective," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 9(3), pages 267-279, June.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laan, G. van der & Ruys, P.H.M. & Talman, A.J.J., 1990.
"Signaling devices for the supply of semi-public goods,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0008, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Ruys,Pieter & van der Laan,Gerard & Talman, Dolf, 1990. "Signalling devices for the supply of semi public goods," Discussion Paper Serie A 326, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Laan, G. van der & Ruys, P.H.M. & Talman, A.J.J., 1990. "Signaling devices for the supply of semi-public goods," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153144, Tilburg University.
- Bergh, J.C.J.M. & Nijkamp, P., 1990. "Ecologically sustainable economic development : concepts and model implications," Serie Research Memoranda 0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.