New classical monetary business cycle theory
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0058.
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1975. ""Rational" Expectations, the Optimal Monetary Instrument, and the Optimal Money Supply Rule," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 241-54, April.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1980. "Rational Expectations and Macroeconomic Stabilization Policy: An Overview," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 716-46, November.
- Tobin, James, 1977.
"How Dead Is Keynes?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(4), pages 459-68, October.
- Klausinger, Hansjoerg, 1990. "Equilibrium Methodology as Seen from a Hayekian Perspective," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 61-75, March.
- Minford, Patrick & Peel, David, 1981. "The Role of Monetary Stabilization Policy under Rational Expectations," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 49(1), pages 39-50, March.
- Okun, Arthur M, 1980. "Rational-Expectations-with-Misperceptions as a Theory of the Business Cycle," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 817-25, November.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1975.
"Rational Expectations and the Dynamic Structure of Macroeconomic Models:A Critical Review,"
NBER Working Papers
0093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiller, Robert J., 1978. "Rational expectations and the dynamic structure of macroeconomic models : A critical review," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Rodney Maddock, 1984. "Rational Expectations Macrotheory: a Lakatosian Case Study in Program Adjustment," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 291-309, Summer.
- Minford, Patrick, 1986.
"Rational Expectations and Monetary Policy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
104, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter J. Montiel, 1987. "Output and Unanticipated Money in the Dependent Economy Model," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(2), pages 228-259, June.
- Milgate, Murray, 1979. "On the Origin of the Notion of "Intertemporal Equilibrium"," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(181), pages 1-10, February.
- Finn Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1980. "A Competitive Theory of Fluctuations and the Feasibility and Desirability of Stabilization Policy," NBER Chapters, in: Rational Expectations and Economic Policy, pages 169-198 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S251-78, October.
- Tobin, James, 1980. "Are New Classical Models Plausible Enough to Guide Policy?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 788-99, November.
- Franco Modigliani, 1977.
"The monetarist controversy; or, should we forsake stabilization policies?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr suppl, pages 27-46.
- Modigliani, Franco, 1977. "The Monetarist Controversy or, Should We Forsake Stabilization Policies?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 1-19, March.
- Victor Zarnowitz, 1985. "Recent Work on Business Cycles in Historical Perspective: Review of Theories and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 1503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Robert G., 1981. "Monetary information and monetary neutrality," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 195-206.
- Scheide, Joachim, 1986. "New classical and Austrian business cycle theory : is there a difference?," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1317, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1988. "Real Business Cycle Models," NBER Working Papers 2480, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCallum, B. T., 1978. "Dating, discounting, and the robustness of the Lucas-Sargent proposition," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 121-129, January.
- McCallum, B. T. & Whitaker, J. K., 1979. "The effectiveness of fiscal feedback rules and automatic stabilizers under rational expectations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 171-186, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.