Specification of household expenditure functions and equivalence scales by nonparametric regression
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0044.
Date of creation: 1987
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Praag, B.M.S. van & Kapteyn, A.J., 1976.
"A new approach to the construction of family equivalence scales,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-361896, Tilburg University.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Van Praag, Bernard, 1978. "A new approach to the construction of family equivalence scales," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 313-335, May.
- Ray, Ranjan, 1983. "Measuring the costs of children : An alternative approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-102, October.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1978. "Estimation of Complete Demand Systems from Household Budget Data: The Linear and Quadratic Expenditure Systems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 348-59, June.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1986. "On Measuring Child Costs: With Applications to Poor Countries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 720-44, August.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1981. "Demographic Variables in Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1533-51, November.
- Brown, Alan & Deaton, Angus S, 1972. "Surveys in Applied Economics: Models of Consumer Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(328), pages 1145-1236, December.
- Bojer, Hilde, 1977. "The effect on consumption of household size and composition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 169-193.
- Ray, Ranjan, 1985. "A nested test of the Barten model of equivalence scales," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 411-412.
- Tey, (John) Yeong-Sheng & Shamsudin, Mad Nasir & Mohamed, Zainalabidin & Abdullah, Amin Mahir & Radam, Alias, 2009. "Evidence of Engel curves in food away from home: A study of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 14833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2003.
"A rational rank four demand system,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 127-135.
- Zapata, Hector O. & Sulgham, Anil K., 2006. "A Semiparametric Approach to Estimate Engel curves using the US Micro Data," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21092, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Manisha Chakrabarty & Werner Hildenbrand, 2009. "Engel’s Law Reconsidered," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse22_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.