Information systems for regional development planning : a state-of-the-art survey
AbstractIn this paper the author presents a state-of-the-art review of information systems for regional development planning. Various aspects and tools of such information systems are discussed. Next, an international comparison of spatial planning-systems and spatial information-systems in six countries is made by means of a systematic inventory and typology of attributes of these information systems. The author concludes that regional information-systems are in general not very well developed and suggests various ways for improving the current situation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics in its series Serie Research Memoranda with number 0005.
Date of creation: 1984
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.feweb.vu.nl
Informatiesystemen; Regionale planning;
Other versions of this item:
- P Nijkamp, 1983. "Information systems for regional development planning: a state-of-the-art survey," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 10(3), pages 283-302, May.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P W J Batey & M Madden, 1981. "Demographic - economic forecasting within an activity - commodity framework: some theoretical considerations and empirical results," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(9), pages 1067-1083, September.
- P Nijkamp, 1982. "Soft multicriteria analysis as a tool in urban land-use planning," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 9(2), pages 197-208, March.
- B Thorngren, 1970. "How do contact systems affect regional development?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 2(4), pages 409-427, April.
- Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1987. "Multiple objective decision analysis in regional economics," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: P. Nijkamp (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 493-541 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.