An Owen-Type Value for Games with Two-Level Communication Structures
AbstractWe introduce an Owen-type value for games with two-level communication structures, being structures where the players are partitioned into a coalition structure such that there exists restricted communication between as well as within the a priori unions of the coalition structure. Both types of communication restrictions are modeled by an undirected communication graph, so there is a communication graph between the unions of the coalition structure as well as a communication graph on the players in every union. We also show that, for particular two-level communication structures, the Owen value and the Aumann-Dreze value for games with coalition structures, the Myerson value for communication graph games and the equal surplus division solution appear as special cases of this new value.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 11-089/1.
Date of creation: 11 Jun 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
TU game; coalition structure; communication graph; Owen value; Myerson value;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van den Brink, René & Khmelnitskaya, Anna & van der Laan, Gerard, 2012.
"An efficient and fair solution for communication graph games,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 786-789.
- Rene van den Brink & Anna Khmelnitskaya & Gerard van der Laan, 2011. "An Efficient and Fair Solution for Communication Graph Games," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-052/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- René van den Brink & Gerard van der Laan, 2001.
"A Class of Consistent Share Functions for Games in Coalition Structure,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
01-044/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Brink, Rene & van der Laan, Gerard, 2005. "A class of consistent share functions for games in coalition structure," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 193-212, April.
- Brink, J.R. van den & Laan, G. van der, 2001. "A Class of Consistent Share Functions For Games in Coalition Structure," Discussion Paper 2001-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Vazquez-Brage, Margarita & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & Carreras, Francesc, 1996. "The Owen Value Applied to Games with Graph-Restricted Communication," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 42-53, January.
- Yoshio Kamijo, 2009. "A Two-Step Shapley Value For Cooperative Games With Coalition Structures," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(02), pages 207-214.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.