On the Identification of the Costs of Simultaneous Search
AbstractThis paper studies the identification of the costs of simultaneous search in portfolio problems (Chade and Smith, 2006). We show that market shares data from a single market do not provide sufficient information to identify the search cost distribution in any interval, even if utility
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 10-066/1.
Date of creation: 13 Jul 2010
Date of revision: 12 May 2011
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
search costs; portfolio choice; non-parametric identification; logit demand;
Other versions of this item:
- Moraga-Gonzalez, Jose L. & Sandor, Zsolt & Wildenbeest, Matthijs R., 2010. "On the identification of the costs of simultaneous search," IESE Research Papers D/867, IESE Business School.
- Jose Luis Moraga-Gonzalez & Zsolt Sandor & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2010. "On the Identification of the Costs of Simultaneous Search," Working Papers 2010-10, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-26 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (webmaster-tinbergen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.