Bayesian Estimation of the GARCH(1,1) Model with Student-t Innovations
AbstractThis note presents the R package bayesGARCH (Ardia, 2007) which provides functions for the Bayesian estimation of the parsimonious and effective GARCH(1,1) model with Student- t innovations. The estimation procedure is fully automatic and thus avoids the tedious task of tuning a MCMC sampling algorithm. The usage of the package is shown in an empirical application to exchange rate logreturns.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 10-045/4.
Date of creation: 27 Apr 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
Bayesian; Markov Chain Monte Carlo; GARCH; Student-t; R software;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morgan Kelly & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2012. "Change Points and Temporal Dependence in Reconstructions of Annual Temperature: Did Europe Experience a Little Ice Age?," Working Papers, School Of Economics, University College Dublin 201210, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Ardia, David, 2009. "Bayesian Estimation of the GARCH(1,1) Model with Student-t Innovations in R," MPRA Paper 17414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.