A Value for Directed Communication Situations
AbstractIn this paper we introduce an extension of the model of restricted communication in cooperative games as introduced in Myerson (1977) by allowing communication links to be directed and the worth of a coalition to depend on the order in which the players enter the coalition. Therefore, we model the communication network by a directed graph and the cooperative game by a generalized characteristic function as introduced in Nowak and Radzik (1994). We generalize the Myerson value for undirected (or standard) communication situations to the context of directed communication and provide two axiomatizations of this digraph Myerson value using component efficiency and either fairness or the balanced contributions property.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 08-006/1.
Date of creation: 17 Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
Myerson value; Digraph communication situations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2008-06-21 (Game Theory)
- NEP-NET-2008-06-21 (Network Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- D. Gómez & E. González-Arangüena & C. Manuel & G. Owen & M. del Pozo & J. Tejada, 2004. "Splitting graphs when calculating Myerson value for pure overhead games," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 59(3), pages 479-489, 07.
- Gilles, R.P. & Owen, G., 1999. "Cooperative Games and Disjunctive Permission Structures," Discussion Paper 1999-20, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Owen, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "On the position value for communication situations," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154855, Tilburg University.
- Gilles, R.P. & Owen, G. & Brink, J.R. van den, 1991.
"Games with permission structures: The conjunctive approach,"
1991-14, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gilles, Robert P & Owen, Guillermo & van den Brink, Rene, 1992. "Games with Permission Structures: The Conjunctive Approach," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 277-93.
- RenÊ van den Brink, 1997. "An Axiomatization of the Disjunctive Permission Value for Games with a Permission Structure," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 27-43.
- Nowak Andrzej S. & Radzik Tadeusz, 1994. "The Shapley Value for n-Person Games in Generalized Characteristic Function Form," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 150-161, January.
- van den Brink, Rene & Gilles, Robert P., 1996. "Axiomatizations of the Conjunctive Permission Value for Games with Permission Structures," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 113-126, January.
- Julia Belau, 2012. "A New Outside Option Value for Networks: The Kappa-Value – Measuring Distribution of Power of Political Agreements," Ruhr Economic Papers 0326, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.