How to implement the Bootstrap in Static or Stable Dynamic Regression Models
AbstractBy combining two alternative formulations of a test statistic with two alternative resamplingschemes we obtain four different bootstrap tests. In the context of static linear regression modelstwo of these are shown to have serious size and power problems, whereas the remaining two areadequate and in fact equivalent. The equivalence between the two valid implementations is shown tobreak down in dynamic regression models. Then the procedure based on the test statistic approachperforms best, at least in the AR(l)-model. Similar finite-sample phenomena are illustrated in theARMA(l,l)-model through a small-scale Monte Carlo study and an empirical example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 01-119/4.
Date of creation: 06 Dec 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
Asymptotic rejection probabilities; Autoregressive models; Bootstrap; Hypothesis testing; Resampling schemes;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-02-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2002-02-14 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2002-02-10 (Econometric Time Series)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:13:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miller, J. Isaac & Ni, Shawn, 2011.
"Long-Term Oil Price Forecasts: A New Perspective On Oil And The Macroeconomy,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(S3), pages 396-415, November.
- J. Isaac Miller & Shawn Ni, 2010. "Long-Term Oil Price Forecasts: A New Perspective on Oil and the Macroeconomy," Working Papers 1012, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.