Block Local to Unity and Continuous Record Asymptotics
AbstractThis paper provides a continuous record interpretation of the block local to unity asymptotics proposed recentlyby Phillips, Moon and Xiao (2001). It also demonstrates that in the case of homogeneous dynamics and a fixednumber of blocks, the new asymptotic approximation coincides with the conventional local to unity asymptoticapproximation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 01-078/4.
Date of creation: 23 Aug 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Moon, Hyungsik Roger & Xiao, Zhijie, 2001.
"How To Estimate Autoregressive Roots Near Unity,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 29-69, February.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Hyungsik R. Moon & Zhijie Xiao, 1998. "How to Estimate Autoregressive Roots Near Unity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1191, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Moon, Hyungsik R., 1999. "How to Estimate Autoregressive Roots Near Unity," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt87p2z8zx, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- H. Peter Boswijk, 2001.
"Testing for a Unit Root with Near-Integrated Volatility,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
01-077/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Boswijk, H.P., 2000. "Testing for a Unit Root with Near-Integrated Volatility," CeNDEF Working Papers 00-09, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- H. Peter Boswijk, 2000. "Testing for a Unit Root with Near-Integrated Volatility," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1101, Econometric Society.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
740R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1986.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:8:y:1992:i:1:p:28-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perron, Pierre, 1991. "A Continuous Time Approximation to the Stationary First-Order Autoregressive Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 236-252, June.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:7:y:1991:i:2:p:236-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sørensen, Bent E., 1992. "Continuous Record Asymptotics in Systems of Stochastic Differential Equations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 28-51, March.
- Graham Elliott, 1998. "On the Robustness of Cointegration Methods when Regressors Almost Have Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 149-158, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.