Price Elasticities of Demand for Passenger Air Travel
AbstractThe demand for air transport is largely determined by the spending capacity of customers. Thispaper aims to offer more insight into the determinants of price elasticities in the aviation sector. Itseeks to identify both common and contrasting factors that influence the price elasticities, on thebasis of a comparative analysis among a large number of empirical studies in this field. By meansof meta-analytical methods the relative importance of several driving forces (e.g., distance, type ofticket, nature of study etc.) is investigated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 01-047/3.
Date of creation: 02 May 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kopsch, Fredrik, 2011. "A demand model for domestic air travel in Sweden," Working papers in Transport Economics 2011:8, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Tchouamou Njoya, Eric, 2013. "Air Transport and Destination Performance – A case study of three African countries (Ethiopia, Kenya and South Africa)," MPRA Paper 48017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hugo E. Silva & Erik T. Verhoef, 2011. "Optimal Pricing of Flights and Passengers at Congested Airports: The Efficiency of Atomistic Charges," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-179/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 28 Mar 2013.
- Karen Mayor & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007.
"The Impact Of The Eu-Us Open Skies Agreement On International Travel And Carbon Dioxide Emissions,"
FNU-134, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2007.
- Karen Mayor & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007. "The Impact of the EU-US Open Skies Agreement on International Travel and Carbon Dioxide Emissions," Papers WP191, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Pels, Eric & Verhoef, Erik T., 2004.
"The economics of airport congestion pricing,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 257-277, March.
- Juan Martín & Gustavo Nombela, 2007. "Microeconomic impacts of investments in high speed trains in Spain," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 715-733, September.
- Hugo Ferreira Braga Tadeu & Jersone Tasso Moreira Silva, 2012. "A Theoretical Framework for the Brazilian Airline Competitive Market Environment," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 2, pages 97-106, May.
- Nicole Adler & Chris Nash & Eric Pels, 2008. "High-Speed Rail & Air Transport Competition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-103/3, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.