General Equilibrium in Economies with Infinite Dimensional Commodity Spaces: A Truncation Approach
AbstractMostly infinite dimensional economies can be considered limits offinite dimensional economies, in particular when we think of time orproduct differentiation. We investigate conditions under which sequences of quasi-equilibria in finite dimensional economies converge to a quasi-equilibrium in the infinite dimensional economy. It is shown that convergence indeed occurs if the usual continuity assumption concerning the preference relations for finite dimensional commodity spaces is slightly modified.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 00-023/1.
Date of creation: 22 Mar 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
general equilibrium; truncation; infinite dimensional commodity space;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-06-29 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yves Balasko, 1995.
"Equilibrium Analysis of the Infinite Horizon Model with Smooth Discounted Utility Functions,"
Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva, Institut d'Economie et EconomÃ©trie, UniversitÃ© de GenÃ¨ve
95.04, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Balasko, Yves, 1997. "Equilibrium analysis of the infinite horizon model with smooth discounted utility functions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 783-829, May.
- Geldrop, J. van & Withagen, C.A.A.M., 1994.
"General equilibrium in an economy with exhaustible resources and an unbounded horizon,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3107032, Tilburg University.
- van Geldrop, Jan H. & Withagen, Cees A. A. M., 1994. "General equilibrium in an economy with exhaustible resources and an unbounded horizon," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1011-1035, September.
- Donald J. Brown & Charalambos Aliprantis & Owen Burkinshaw, 1985.
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University
756R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Zame, William R., 1991. "Equilibrium theory in infinite dimensional spaces," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 34, pages 1835-1898 Elsevier.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth equilibria in production economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 252-291, December.
- Balasko, Yves & Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1980. "Existence of competitive equilibrium in a general overlapping-generations model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 307-322, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.