The Economic Effects of Road Pricing in the Randstad Area
AbstractThis paper presents a framework for analysing spatial aspects of environmentalpolicies in the regulation of trans-boundary externalities. A spatial priceequilibrium model for two regions is constructed, where interactions betweenthese regions can occur via trade and transport, via mutual environmentalspill-overs due to the externality that arises from production, and via taxcompetition when the regions do not behave cooperatively. Also the additionalcomplications arising from emissions caused by the endogenous transport flowsare considered explicitly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 98-078/3.
Date of creation: 24 Jul 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Layard, Richard, 1977. "The Distributional Effects of Congestion Taxes," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 44(175), pages 297-304, August.
- Richard Arnott & Andre de Palma & Robin Lindsey, 1993. "The Welfare Effects Of Congestion Tolls With Heterogeneous Commuters," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 231, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Segal, David & Steinmeier, Thomas L., 1980. "The incidence of congestion and congestion tolls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 42-62, January.
- Small, Kenneth A. & Gomez-Ilbanez, Jose A., 1998. "Road Pricing for Congestion Management: The Transition from Theory to Policy," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt8kk909p1, University of California Transportation Center.
- Richard Arnott & Marvin Kraus, 2003. "Transport Economics," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 553, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Glazer, Amihai, 1981. "Congestion Tolls and Consumer Welfare," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 36(1), pages 77-83.
- Niskanen, Esko, 1987. "Congestion tolls and consumer welfare," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 171-174, April.
- Small, Kenneth A., 2001.
"Using the Revenues from Congestion Pricing,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt7170x9b0, University of California Transportation Center.
- Small, Kenneth A., 1992. "Using the Revenues from Congestion Pricing," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt32p9m3mm, University of California Transportation Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.