Heuristic Concentration and Tabu Search: A Nose to Nose Comparison
AbstractIn 1997 two papers_new applying the metaheuristics Tabu Search (TS) and Heuristic Concentration (HC) tothe p-median problem were published in consecutive volumes of the European Journal of OperationalResearch. Here we apply the method of HC some of the data sets which were used for computationalexperience in the paper on TS and briefly set out the results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tinbergen Institute in its series Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers with number 97-058/3.
Date of creation: 06 Jun 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl
combinatorial optimization; heuristics; integer programming; location; heuristic concentration; tabu search;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pirlot, Marc, 1996. "General local search methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 92(3), pages 493-511, August.
- ReVelle, Charles, 1993. "Facility siting and integer-friendly programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 147-158, March.
- P J Densham & G Rushton, 1992. "Strategies for solving large location-allocation problems by heuristic methods," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(2), pages 289-304, February.
- Rolland, Erik & Schilling, David A. & Current, John R., 1997. "An efficient tabu search procedure for the p-Median Problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 329-342, January.
- Rosing, K. E. & ReVelle, C. S., 1997. "Heuristic concentration: Two stage solution construction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 75-86, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Maartens (+31 626 - 160 892)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.